Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Samstag, 11. Juni 2016, 00:09

New Server(s)?

Hi,

I've played Cultures Online on and off for a few years now.

It's a fun game that I would love to be a part of. But there hasn't been any new server openings in the last few years. It's very demoralising to join a server where many players are already at the top level. Hence the reason why I'm an on and off player. I join a server and play for a few weeks in the hope that one day when I come to logon there will be a new server. But it never happens.

It would be good if there could be a new server, or servers, launched as I'm sure there are many ppl like me and I'm sure it's probably very off-putting for brand new players to join and see how much catching-up they have to do.

Sonntag, 12. Juni 2016, 18:16

Hello weemart

Thank you for your post. Currently there are no plans to open new servers. But I would like to give you another perspective: With all the high level players there are a lot of tribes who are looking for new members. With the help of the tribe's benefits, your progress will be much quicker. Have you considered joining an active tribe?

With kind regards,
Amidala
I am a Funatic
Kontakt: support@cultures-online.de

Sonntag, 12. Juni 2016, 19:08

Serbia server

maybe open Serbian server? :?:
There are many players from Serbia

Braco srpska, ima li vas, mogu i crnogorci da se jave hahaha
GB1 :)

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2016, 16:47

When I started playing I just joined US1 figuring I'd learn what I was doing before I jumped to a new server. About 19 months later there hasn't been a new server but I one of the strongest active players. I'd like to take credit for moving up compared to players that have been around 4+ years more but the reality is that a large number of people have stopped playing since I joined. I recall seeing 1200+ players in the duel list but today we only have 409. Getting new players onto current servers is more important imho. 357 servers with 20 active players each is not a long term solution.

Personally I wouldn't restart on a new server anyway. In my experience when a new server opens the big spenders dominate. Since I have a personal rule not to buy runes until I stop wasting them on misclicks I would not be able to compete. Additionally this is a flash based game in a time when flash is going away. I can see where funatics make their paychecks so I feel confident running the game in a sandbox without a great risk of malware but new players would not have the same knowledge.

I hope this doesn't come across as me bashing Cultures-Online. I really do like most facets of the game. My only pressing issue is the wasted runes(4 last month that I am aware) that prevents me from spending the $20 a month to cover paychecks. The lack of new servers is not an issue for someone with patience.

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2016, 23:18

Hi,

I've played Cultures Online on and off for a few years now.

It's a fun game that I would love to be a part of. But there hasn't been any new server openings in the last few years. It's very demoralising to join a server where many players are already at the top level. Hence the reason why I'm an on and off player. I join a server and play for a few weeks in the hope that one day when I come to logon there will be a new server. But it never happens.

It would be good if there could be a new server, or servers, launched as I'm sure there are many ppl like me and I'm sure it's probably very off-putting for brand new players to join and see how much catching-up they have to do.
All servers are not from the very start of the game. For example, the US 2 server was added a few years after the start of the game (with a few others). I tried to find the exact date they were added but couldn't find the info on the forum. It is the only time I recall when servers were added. As Bleeck said, you can get to God Levels in less than 2 years.

You also need to understand that this game isn't based on PvP but more on PvE & Tribe. PvP is more of an amusement & help get more resources because, ultimately, only the Duel/Raid ranking is solo PvP with tougher players (and you get very well avoid it like some players do). Colonies are level restricted (10-level range as non-GL & 25-level range as God) which makes that PvP part really fair.

If you want to have fun in this game, you learn the basics, find a tribe and then you do your leveling at your own pace while clicking the Lightning button on the Tribe page (to help protect your tribe). Your goal is to become better & stronger but it doesn't really mind if some players are stronger than you are.

Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2016, 23:43

Hi,

I welcome the feedback. But I feel that I can join a server and play the duels and raids and reach the top 100 or top 50 easily then have noone left to attack. There are so many players who have become inactive that there are level 20- players quite high in those rankings.

The servers are empty cos there's not enough players on them and part of the reason is that there is no incentive for new players to keep going who don't really know how the game works and see players at level 159+ when they first join and so quit.

I'm not advocating having hundreds of servers with only a few players on each, like other games do.

But after years of having no new servers open I think it would be a good idea to open a new server to pull all the active players onto that server (they can still keep playing other servers too) and also encourage new players to join, without seeing themselves 100+ levels behind many other players as soon as they join.

Getting new blood on a new server would also give players who are part of alliances on older servers new friends to attract to those servers and alliances.

Sonntag, 7. August 2016, 02:35

I welcome the feedback. But I feel that I can join a server and play the duels and raids and reach the top 100 or top 50 easily then have noone left to attack. There are so many players who have become inactive that there are level 20- players quite high in those rankings.
Inactive players get removed from the raid and duel lists periodically. I do not know the specifics but many times my favorite targets have disappeared just as I have finally been able to beat them. Despite having only played for around a year and a half I am now able to reach the top 10 in both categories. This is despite the fact that some players on my server have been around 4 years longer than I have.
But after years of having no new servers open I think it would be a good idea to open a new server to pull all the active players onto that server (they can still keep playing other servers too) and also encourage new players to join, without seeing themselves 100+ levels behind many other players as soon as they join.
I don't want to start over on a new server. I have considered starting on US2 to test out a different growth strategy but it isn't worth the time IMHO. Having a brand new server wouldn't change that, especially with my personal rule about not buying runes unless I don't waste any on mis-clicks in the previous month. Most likely the big spenders would just run out to a big lead and I would have to wait until they eventually quit.

Instead of putting effort into new servers I would prefer the developers put their energy into porting the game from flash to html5. Due to the numerous security vulnerabilities of flash many gamers will simply not give Cultures a shot. Personally I have flash set to click to play and only run Cultures on a sand-boxed browser. As many of my friends are not as computer savoy I refrain from promoting the game since otherwise I would have to clean up the mess from dodgy ads they happen to load.

Montag, 29. August 2016, 02:09

Happy Birthday Cultures Online!!!

I hope we will have a new server this year... May be in a few days... I really wish that...

May be second Spanish server...

May be first Turkish server with the language support...

May be first Scandinavian server...

I know u dont plan any server but...

Please... We are waiting good news for that!!!

Montag, 29. August 2016, 09:55

really?? new server,u must be joking,havent u read whats been said above?
and what will u fill that server with?
10 from asia
3 from egypt
10 from turky
wouldnt even be worth the effort due to cost of a server but nice nagging :thumbup:

Mittwoch, 31. August 2016, 02:40

I wish gifts from Santa

If he doesn't bring, that will be his fault, not my problem ;)

I am a player, not a businessman. It is my right to want that.

If it isnt ok with them, then they wont begin a new server.

I know lots of people want that.

Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2018, 23:13

This game is dead. Few players on the existing servers. No incentive for new players to join those servers. Players who want to be new players and like the game but start so far behind and see empty servers have no willingness to play. The existing servers should be merged into 1 server per country and a new server launched with an ad campaign to encourage new players to join or old players to return.

Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2018, 01:29

that is what i thought, merge the servers to one

i heard about thar idea, that is not possible, cause of technicla proplems

also the chat , we call K1 should be merged, i dont know why this dont happened
( für gute Leute schaffen wir ein gutes Plätzchen, Kontakt Travifestung (TAF)De1)